Hard to beat...[Solved]

Have a feature you would like to see in xFeed?
jimweda

Hard to beat...[Solved]

Post by jimweda »

Hi! I just wanted to say that I really love your xFeed app and have tried quite a few of them. It came down to the JS Feedreader and recently I found your app and now use both. I would only use your app if you added a few of the features I really like in the JS reader.

1) They have a search feature where you can basically type anything from a single word or a question and the search results will bring up what ever they can find on the web dealing with your search. Great feature and I've found some great feeds this way that I would have normally never come across.

2) I love the idea that you have the ability to organize feeds into different catagories. The one thing I wouldn't mind seeing is being able to update each section so I can read them on the go when I don't have a wifi connection. (I have the iPod Touch 2nd Gen) The JS reader has an update feature but the problem is that your feeds are in one long list and it updates everything which can take quite a while. I have a lot of feeds that I read.

3) This isn't a feature I have found and not sure if it would really make sense to most people but I would like to see it. Lets say there are 30 feeds that come from one source. I may only be interested in lets say 10 of them. I think it would be nice if I could delete the ones I'm not interested in. I don't know if this is something that can be done, but for me it would help keep the clutter down. Maybe being able to delete the ones I've read and the ability to "Lock" something I might find important or useful and would like to keep for future reference. Just a thought.

Outside of that, I think you have a great program and I'm actually surprised its free. Great job and I appreciate you sharing this program with everyone.
Kevin

Re: Hard to beat...

Post by Kevin »

Thank you for sharing your opinions! It's great to hear that you are enjoying xFeed, and with the support and comments of everyone we can make xFeed the feed reader we all wish the iPhone had.

1) Great idea for the search, not in the roadmap currently. Going to have to figure out how to work it in there. There are so many great sources out there, just how to find them? For the time being xFeed allows you to search on google for the feeds you want and when you find and open a page that supports auto discovery or you open a feed in safari's built in feed reader, you can add it to xFeed by going to the address bar and changing the first "http://" to "xfeed://" This does not outweigh the benefits of integrating the search into the app, but hopefully it will work for the mean time. I also encourage everyone to share their favorite feeds for everyone in this topic http://www.nothingeverywhere.com/forum/ ... p?f=8&t=14

2) The idea of updating entire categories was one that was passed on as being too time consuming for the user to be worth while, however, the scenario of the connectionless device being able to "load up" before an adventure warrants a second look into how to squeeze this into the UI cleanly, which is the most difficult part.

3) Swipe to delete articles is coming in the next version witch is undergoing its final tweaks and testings as we speak! Locking articles, nice idea, going to see how to work that one into the UI...

Thank you for the kind words and it's great to hear that you find xFeed useful.
Heres to making it even better!