OPML

Have a feature you would like to see in xFeed?
tjacker31

OPML

Post by tjacker31 »

Hello, I am trying this program for the first time and it has alot of potential. One feature that I would really like to see is the ability to import and export opml files. I have many feeds that I need to manually enter and it is really time consuming.
Kevin

Re: OPML

Post by Kevin »

Thanks for your reply! As xFeed gets closer to realizing it's potential these comments are very much appreciated. The version of xFeed that is currently in development is undergoing a ground up interface redesign, every effort is being made to implement useful features and make them simple and intuitive to access. Adding numerous feeds can be a tedious process, especially if it's something you have already done in a previous aggregator. As of now the best ideas for importing OPML files to xFeed would be simply downloading the OPML file from a url and offering the feeds as ones to be added. Perhaps a more versatile, yet more complicated method to implement would be a full WebDAV service that could be accessed by any computer on your wireless network. As development continues any input and ideas from the xFeed community is, as always, welcomed and appreciated.

Post by Guest »

I don't know how they do it but RSsRunner allows me to import feeds by logging into Google Reader or specifying a URL to an OPML file. That tells me that it can be done on an iPhone.

I like the features of xFeed much better but they are ahead of you on that one feature.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Glad to hear xFeed is able to fulfill your news reading wishes! OPML support from a URL will be in the next major revision of xFeed. Your patience is appreciated!