Load More Posts or configurable default [Solved]

Have a feature you would like to see in xFeed?

Load More Posts or configurable default [Solved]

Post by Guest »

please provide a button to Load More or older Posts from a selected feed and/or provide a configurable default number of posts to download. I often don't visit a feed every day or even every week and I'd like to go through more posts than are provided now.

Thanks!
Kevin

Re: Load More Posts or configurable default number of posts

Post by Kevin »

Just so I understand the question. You would like to increase the number of articles that are downloaded at any given refresh cycle. Not the total number of articles that are stored for the feed. Assuming that is the question:

As it is now you are limited to 100 articles per feed. As more articles are downloaded the oldest articles are removed to make space for the newest articles. There are many reasons for this limitation, however, there are plans for the future to make this number user configurable.

As far as how many articles are downloaded at any given refresh cycle. That is determined by the feed provider. If the file which contains the articles has 5 or 40 or 0 articles that is how many will be downloaded. Some feed providers keep more articles in their files for longer than others. The only exception to this is if you are someone like Google who has the resources to poll and archive every feed on the internet. Unfortunately, NothingEverywhere does not have those resources. It is for this reason that Google reader integration will be added eventually.