Returning to Article from Email [Solved]

Have a question with xFeed, need some help? This is the place.
josephavellino

Returning to Article from Email [Solved]

Post by josephavellino »

I see the ability to go to iPhone email from the toolbar when reading a piece of content. How can I return to the content? Right now, I can only figure out how to hit the home key and then go back into XFeed then go back into the feed. Thanks in advance.
Kevin

Re: Returning to Article from Email

Post by Kevin »

Yes, this is an unfortunate limitation in the current version of the iPhone software. The only way to access the the native e-mail application is to close the currently running app and open the mail app. This issue will be remedied in the next upcoming version of xFeed. In this next version there should be no reason to leave the application to perform any of xFeed's functions ie: sending an email will return you to exactly the place where you were previously at. Thank you for your question and if you have any more, feel free!
josephavellino

Post by josephavellino »

Kevin, that is super. So as to not cause another thread ...

If you had the ability to send to Instapaper as well, that would be cool. And if you could also do a Mark As Unread for each article ... !!

Thanks for listening. BTW, would be happy to be a beta user if that is an option for iPhone apps.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Hey Joseph, going to have to look into this instapaper thing which you speak of, never heard of it...
What do you think of the possible resolution for the mark as unread as discussed in http://www.nothingeverywhere.com/forum/ ... p?f=5&t=22?

Go ahead and sign up for a forum account and when iPhone software 3.0 is out and there is something to work with for xFeed 2.0 I'll send you an email if you're still interesting in being a beta tester. Thanks again!
josephavellino

Post by josephavellino »

Instapaper is an interesting app. I don't like that there is no organization capability once something is delivered to Instapaper, you still need to synch with a server, but it's an interesting tool. At $10 for what it does, it's expensive. But people still buy it.

I believe that you could incorporate such a feature into your reader. There are probably apps out there you could partner with and do a revenue share. If folks are willing to pay $10 for Instapaper as it stands, I could easily see your updated reader with an "Instapaper" type local storage (for reading later/ offline) for at least the same price.

Have a great weekend!

Oh! And the 'lock' feature is great.
Kevin

Re: Returning to Article from Email [Solved]

Post by Kevin »

The in-app email feature has been implemented in xFeed version 2.0.
Thank you for your input!