ipadOS 17.2 - URL address field has vanished

Found a bug? Report it here
Fluffybear

ipadOS 17.2 - URL address field has vanished

Post by Fluffybear »

I can't believe I didn't notice this earlier as on ipadOS 15.8 and 16.7.1, the app displays as normal
but on iPadOS 17.2, the URL address field usually displayed for each article has suddenly completely vanished in this latest version v5.12.

Obviously its not an issue on the IOS versions because that platform doesn't have the screen real estate and has never displayed the URL address field.

You might want to take a look at the iPadOS version if you have a moment. :)

BR
Kevin

Re: ipadOS 17.2 - URL address field has vanished

Post by Kevin »

Hello!

I have tried out the latest version 5.12 on various simulated iPads running 17.2 and the address bar does show in all with the exception of the split view + portrait orientation on the iPad mini, due to the lack of space for any additional controls. I'm working on grabbing a physical iPad running 17.2 to try it out and would be curious what type you're running and what it looks like with the address bar missing. Unfortunately after the furious round of sackings that followed the embarrassing Christmas scroll bar incident, development resources are tight. These continued errors are unacceptable, however, and must be remedied expeditiously lest the sackings continue.

Sincerest gratitude and wishes for the new year,
Kevin
Fluffybear

Post by Fluffybear »

Here is a screen shot from a critical website that I read every day! :)

My iPad is the iPad Air 4th Gen (256GB, WiFi, model FYFX2X/A) running iPadOS 17.2 (21C62).
Hopefully this will help you diagnose the problem...
Fluffybear

Post by Fluffybear »

screenshot:
IMG_8761.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It is comforting to know that in this era of news outlets of dubious credibility, there are still those that maintain the highest levels of journalistic integrity. :D

Thank you for the screenshot and info. After poking around for a bit, I may have stumbled across a way to reproduce the disappearing address bar, and for the moment it looks as if the address bar will disappear after the app is placed into Split View and reappear if the app is closed and reopened.
Simulator Screenshot - iPad mini (6th generation) - 2024-01-05 at 22.35.50 Medium.png
Simulator Screenshot - iPad mini (6th generation) - 2024-01-05 at 22.35.39 Medium.png
Thanks Again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fluffybear

Post by Fluffybear »

And I've found another way to reproduce it, after I tore myself away from the kittens :)

I sometimes open articles I'm reading in xFeed in a web browser (as I sometimes need a larger font size to read them) via the Standard Share Sheet, and its after I've read the article in the web browser and changed back to xFeed that I find the URL address field vanished.
As you say, quitting xFeed and restarting it returns the URL address field to its full glory.